LA006-612 - New Testament Greek B
2,580 Standard Tuition Fee
Category developing unitB
Prior to 2020, this unit content was delivered under the unit code LA004B.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. New Testament Greek grammar and syntax through completing one standard elementary grammar of New Testament Greek
2. About 300-600 words of Greek vocabulary
3. Grammatical issues that influence translation and the meaning of the text
B. Be able to
1. Apply grammatical discussions of the Greek New Testament text
2. Translate four chapters of the Greek New Testament (eg. Mark 1-4, Philippians) into English
3. Discuss translation issues that influence exegetical work
4. Use aids to understanding the Greek Testament such as lexicons, grammars, concordances, commentaries and software tools
C. Be in a position to
1. Continue translation and grammatical analysis of Greek New Testament texts
2. Identify the interplay between translation and interpretation
3. Commence exegesis of the Greek text of the New Testament
Typical areas to be covered would include:
- Completion of standard introduction to New Testament Greek (e.g. Duff, Stevens, Mounce).
- Translation of selected passages of the New Testament (e.g. Mark 1–4, Philippians, or passages of comparable length and difficulty).
This unit's indicative bibliography is currently being revised. Students should contact their home college for further details at the time of taking this unit.
(For reference works and recommended readings refer to LA004A).
Aland, B., K. Aland, et al (eds), The Greek New Testament (4th ed.; Stuttgart: UBS, 2000).
Nestle, E., E. Nestle, et al, Novum Testamentum Graece (27th ed.; Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 1993).
Bible College of South Australia01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Brisbane School of Theology01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Brisbane School of Theology01/07/202201/01/197030/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Brisbane School of Theology01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Christ College01/07/202231/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Christ College01/07/202231/08/202230/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Malyon Theological College01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Malyon Theological College01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Morling College18/07/202212/08/202218/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Morling College18/07/202212/08/202218/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Presbyterian Theological College11/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Presbyterian Theological College11/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Queensland Theological College01/07/202219/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Ridley College15/03/202209/08/202204/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Ridley College18/07/202209/08/202204/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Sydney Missionary & Bible College11/07/202219/08/202221/11/2022Off CampusEnquire
Sydney Missionary & Bible College11/07/202219/08/202221/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Trinity College Queensland01/07/202231/08/202230/11/2022BlendedEnquire
Trinity Theological College19/07/202231/08/202215/11/2022On CampusEnquire
Youthworks College01/07/202231/08/202230/11/2022On CampusEnquire