TCFC - Teaching Christian Faith in the Classroom
1,000 Standard Tuition Fee
Section A: The Framework
- Teaching Christian material in government schools. This segment orients the teacher to the context and the constraints involved in being visitors and representatives in a government school. Explores the various rationales for teaching, encourages the student to explore and understand their various states’ DET Guidelines and the complementary nature of local churches and communities.
- Role of story and worldview in the classroom. This segment considers the big story told by the Bible, how the idea of worldview is integral to teaching faith and the Bible’s interaction with many secular stories and worldviews.
Section B: The Learner and The Teacher
The differences in approaches to learning between primary education and secondary education.
Section C: The Classroom
- Preparing and delivering a lesson and utilizing a curriculum, including an introduction to the scope and sequence of a curriculum and the different type of curriculums produced.
- Class management including strategies for the appropriate and effective management of students in a classroom setting.
- Experience in a classroom, including preparing and delivering of two lessons under supervision, proceeding to evaluate and reflect on this experience.
Barry, K. and L. King, Beginning Teaching and Beyond (3r ed; Southbank, Victoria: Thompson Social Science Press, 1988)
Bridger, F., Children Finding Faith (London: Scripture Union, 2000).
Cupit, C., Come and Follow: Talking with Children about Following Jesus (Homebush West, NSW: Scripture Union, 1992).
Hill, B.V., Exploring Religion in School: A National Priority (Adelaide: Open Book Publishers, 2004).
Knight, G. R., Philosophy and Education. An Introduction in Christian Perspective (Berrien Springs, MI: Andrew University Press, 1998).
Marsh, C., Handbook for Beginning Teachers (4th ed.; Pearson Education Australia, 2000)
Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians, 2009, Ministerial Council on Education, Employment, Training and Youth Affairs (MCEETYA), http://www.mceecdya.edu.au/mceecdya/melbourne_declaration,25979.html (accessed 12/03/2010).
Parrett, G. A. and S. S. Kang, Teaching the Faith, Forming the Faithful: A Biblical Vision for Education in the Church (Downers Grove, Illinois: IVP Academic, 2009.
Shelley, O., The A-Z of Ministry with Children Homebush West, NSW: Scripture Union, 1992).
Van Brummelen, H., Walking with God in the Classroom: Christian Approaches to Teaching and Learning (2nd ed.; Seattle, Washington: Alta Vista College Press, 1998)
Walsh, B.J. and J. R. Middleton, The Transforming Vision. Shaping a Christian World View (Downers Grove, Illinois: Intervarsity Press, 1984).
Christ College01/02/202131/03/202130/06/2021Off CampusEnquire