PC489 - Pastoral & Church Focussed Ministry Seminar
2,280 Standard Tuition Fee
All required core foundation level units, and one unit from the Field of Pastoral & Church Focussed Ministry.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
- A topic or theme in pastoral and church focused ministry
B. Be able to
- Develop a program of study of the topic/theme in pastoral and church focused ministry
- Analyse the topic/theme with pastoral and church focused ministry methods and perspectives
- Explain the theological issues involved in the topic/theme together with the personal and pastoral implications
- Present an Analytical evidence-based perspective on the topic/theme
C. Be in a position to
- Integrate perspectives from ‘Pastoral and Church Focused Ministry Seminar’ with their other theological studies
- Become a reflective practitioner in pastoral and church focused ministry
The choice of the topic or theme to be studied is left to approved institutions but must have staff and library support sufficient to sustain the unit. The lecturer concerned is to submit a proposed unit outline along with assessment plans for approval by the moderator for Pastoral & Church Focussed Ministry.
The unit is conducted as a seminar involving class discussion as well as lectures and individual reading. The unit is not an individual research topic. It is strongly recommended that the unit include set reading from classical as well as contemporary authors of at least 750 pages.
- Candidates must demonstrate a thorough grasp of the theological issues involved
- Assessment should be designed to encourage exploration of the personal and pastoral implications of theological perspectives discerned in candidates’ learning
- Units approved for the Master of Arts (Ministry) may be used as the basis for this unit, adjusted appropriately to reflect advanced level undergraduate study for those candidates enrolled in undergraduate degrees