LA004B - New Testament Greek B
2,280 Standard Tuition Fee
Students must have completed LA004A.
Students cannot also take LA002 with or after this unit.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will
Know and understand
- New Testament Greek grammar and syntax through completing one standard elementary grammar of New Testament Greek
- About 300-600 words of Greek vocabulary
- Grammatical issues that influence translation and the meaning of the text
Be able to
- Apply grammatical discussions of the Greek New Testament text
- Translate four chapters of the Greek New Testament (eg. Mark 1-4, Philippians) into English
- Discuss translation issues that influence exegetical work
- Use aids to understanding the Greek New Testament such as lexicons, grammars, concordances, commentaries and software tools
Be in a position to
- Continue translation and grammatical analysis of Greek New Testament texts
- Identify the interplay between translation and interpretation
- Commence exegesis of the Greek text of the New Testament
Typical areas to be covered would include:
- Completion of standard introduction to New Testament Greek (e.g. Duff, Stevens, Mounce).
- Translation of selected passages of the New Testament (e.g. Mark 1–4, Philippians, or passages of comparable length and difficulty).
Note: This unit is delivered at undergraduate degree level, and is equivalent to the ACT’s 300 level units. It attracts the 300 level unit fee.
(For reference works and recommended readings refer to LA004A).
Aland, B., K. Aland, et al (eds), The Greek New Testament (4th ed.; Stuttgart: UBS, 2000).
Nestle, E., E. Nestle, et al, Novum Testamentum Graece (27th ed.; Stuttgart: Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft, 1993).
Bible College of South Australia01/07/201915/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Brisbane School of Theology01/07/201915/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Christ College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Malyon Theological College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Malyon Theological College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019Off CampusEnquire
Melbourne School of Theology16/09/201903/03/202030/06/2020On CampusEnquire
Melbourne School of Theology - Chinese Department01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Morling College22/07/201915/08/201915/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Morling College22/07/201915/08/201915/11/2019Off CampusEnquire
Presbyterian Theological College15/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Queensland Theological College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Reformed Theological College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Ridley College11/03/201915/08/201908/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Ridley College22/07/201915/08/201908/11/2019Off CampusEnquire
Sydney Missionary & Bible College22/07/201931/08/201925/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Trinity Theological College23/07/201931/08/201919/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Vose Seminary01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire
Vose Seminary01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019Off CampusEnquire
Youthworks College01/07/201931/08/201930/11/2019On CampusEnquire