BB200-936 - Biblical Studies Project - 16,000 words
8,406 Standard Tuition Fee
Category other categoryD
biblical studiesUnit Discipline
48cps Level 8 units; 24cps in BB at level 8 or above; Introduction to Research Methods
Prior to 2020, this unit content was delivered under the unit code BB796.
Learning outcomesOn successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Specialised knowledge and understanding of, and the research underlying, a selected BB topic
B. Be able to
1. Identify and problematise a selected BB topic
2. Devise and execute a method for achieving the purpose of the investigation
3. Evaluate Specialised methods and issues in the selected BB topic
4. Integrate ministry experience with diverse scholarship and research methods to formulate Critical perspectives on the selected BB topic
5. Present independent Research-Driven perspectives on the selected BB topic (in an essay/report of 7000/12000/16000 words)
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying research-based perspectives and research skills from independently investigated BB topics to ministry practice and Christian living as a reflective practitioner
Students will select a topic for investigation in consultation with a supervisor in their college.
This unit's indicative bibliography is currently being revised. Students should contact their home college for further details at the time of taking this unit.
Students will develop a list of resources as part of the execution of the project.