Master of Missional Leadership (Accelerated Pathway)
Summary of changes
- The course admission requirements have changed, to allow graduates of non-theological qualifications to enter the course for the first time.
- The Volume of Learning is reduced for graduates of prior theological qualifications.
- The course now consists of three levels of units (7, 8, 9) rather than just one level (700).
Units completed at 700 level prior to 2020 are deemed to be completed at Level 8.
Projects and Capstone enrolments completed at 700 level prior to 2020 are deemed to be completed at Level 9.
- All existing credit achieved by existing students will be multiplied by three to transition to the new credit point structure.
- Students who entered the program in 2019 or who have already enrolled the program in 2018 or earlier were advised via ACT website and ACT handbook that the course structure was changing from 1/1/2020 and required 36cps of units at Level 9. All students who continue into 2020 and beyond will need to complete 36cps at Level 9 or the remainder of the credit points required for their course at level 9, whichever is lower. In addition, these students would be all given an exemption from the requirement of completing 48cps at Level 7 units (a new course requirement coming into effect in 2020 permitting entry for new students without a prior theological qualification).
- Existing students enrolled in the “accelerated pathway” will receive block credit for 60 credit points at Level 7, taking the place of the 2020 course requirement of the required 48cps at Level 7 specified units, and 36cps electives from any unit field. This credit is to be granted based on the fact that all students currently enrolled in the “accelerated pathway” will necessarily already hold a level 8 or 9 qualification in ministry or theology.
- Capstone experience units and project enrolments completed prior to the end of 2019 at 700 level are deemed equivalent to Level 9.
- All units completed prior to the end of 2019 at 700 level are deemed equivalent to Level 8.
Master of Missional Leadership, 2020 course structureView course outline
Students enrolled in this course with specific questions about the 2020 course changes are encouraged to contact their home college Registrar for course advice, or can contact the ACT Office for advice either by phoning 02 9262 7890 (extension 1), or by using this contact form.