Graduate Certificate of Divinity
Summary of changes
From 2020, the course structure of the Graduate Certificate of Divinity has changed.
- The course requires the completion of some units at level 8, with allowance for some level 7 units.
Units completed at 500 level prior to 2020 are deemed to be equivalent at Level 7.
Units completed at 600 level prior to 2020 are deemed to be completed at Level 8.
- All units are now required to only be within the field of Religious Studies. In effect, this means that since all Australian College of Theology units are approved within this field, the course now comprises all of elective units.
- All existing credit achieved by existing students will be multiplied by three to transition to the new credit point structure.
- Students entering the program in 2019 were advised on admission (via ACT website and ACT handbook) that the course structure was to change from 1/1/2020 and requires 24cps of units at Level 8. Students who entered the course in 2019 who continue into 2020 and beyond will need to complete 24cps at Level 8 or the remainder of the credit points required for their course at level 8, whichever is lower.
- Students who have already entered the program in 2018 or earlier are again advised that the course structure is changing from 1/1/2020 and requires 24cps of units at Level 8. If these students maintain continuous enrolment (or approved suspensions of candidature based on compelling special circumstances) of at least one unit per semester in 2020, they are entitled to continue under the regulations which they started their course until the end of 2020 as a transitional arrangement (no requirement for Level 8 units). If they are not completed by the end of 2020 or at any point in time during 2020, they fail to maintain continuous enrolment, and continue into 2021 or beyond, these students will need to complete 24cps at Level 8 or the remainder of the credit points required for their course at level 8, whichever is lower.
- All units completed prior to the end of 2019 at 600 level are deemed equivalent to Level 8.
- All units completed prior to the end of 2019 at 500 level are deemed equivalent to Level 7.