Master of Christian Leadership
1.5Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
6Max Years Part Time
A coursework Masters degree at AQF level 9 for professional practice and/or further study and scholarship, the Master of Christian Leadership is designed to apply ACT Graduate Attributes to bring the development Christian leadership practice to an advanced level.
Its purpose is to provide specialised, theologically informed knowledge needed to lead, develop, and manage complex organisations.
144 credit points over 1.5 years (F/T)
36 credit points at level 8 including:
- 12cps from BB007-812 (Biblical Theology of Mission), or BB009-812 (Biblical Theology: An Introduction), or BB001-812 (Introduction to Biblical Theology), or PE014-812 (Biblical Theology of Work), or OT001-812 (OT Foundations), or OT002-812 (OT Prophets and Writings), or OT003-812 (OT Overview), or NT001-812 (Jesus and the Gospels), or NT002-812 (Early NT Church), or NT003-812 (NT Overview); AND
- PC154-812: Introduction to Christian Leadership; AND
- 12cps from any unit at Level 8
48 credit points at level 8 or above in Christian Leadership specific electives, including:
- PC138-812/PC138-912 Leading People, Teams and Yourself in Christian Contexts
- PC139-806 Developing Mission, Vision and Strategy
- PC140-906 Leading Organisations through Change and Crisis (6)
- PC141-806 Leading in Intercultural and Diverse Environments
- PC142-806 Governance and Legal Issues for Non-Profits
- PC143-806 Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
- PC144-906 Family Systems for Organisational Leadership
- PC145-806 Social Entrepreneurship
- PC146-804, PC147-804, PC148-804 Women in Christian Leadership A, B & C
- PC149-806 Issues in Leading Christian Education
- PC150-906 Principalship of Christian Schools
- PC153-806 Financial Management in Non-Profit Contexts
- DM009-812 / DM009-912 Chaplaincy in an Institutional Setting
- EM061-812 Issues in Mission Leadership: A
- PC080-812 / PC080-912 Leadership in Global Contexts
- PC119-812 / PC119-912 Experiential Leadership Development
- PC151-806 Supervised Leadership Formation
- PC152-906 Advanced Supervised Leadership Formation
- PC203-812 / PC203-912 Conference Participation
- PC204-812 / PC204-912 Seminar
- PC210-912 Christian Leadership Project (12cps)
- PC211-924 Christian Leadership Project (24cps)
- PC201-912 Independent Reading
At least 36 credit points at level 9, including:
- PC212-912 or PC213-924 Workplace Research Capstone, or a Project of at least 12cps
- Up to 24 credit points may be taken from the PE, EM, PC or DE fields at level 8 or above.
Units in this course are completed at Level 8 and above, including at least 60cps at Level 9.
Subject to the Credit Transfer Rules, graduates of an AQF level 7, 8 or 9 accredited course in Ministry or Theology or equivalent are eligible to receive credit for 12cps, replacing the "12cps from any unit at level 7 or above"
Subject to the Credit Transfer Rules, graduates of an AQF level 7, 8 or 9 accredited course in leadership or business studies or a related field are eligible to receive block credit for up to 36 cps of Level 8 units in the course based on units completed in their previous degree.
- Completed 3 year bachelor degree or equivalent; AND
- A minimum of four years relevant work experience.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking OR 10 years in Australia with English being the language primarily spoken both at home and work
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate up-to-date specialised knowledge and understanding of Christian leadership practice and management of organisations.
Inquiry and Analysis
2. Critically analyse and integrate theological perspectives with business disciplines and leadership practice.
Problem Solving and Integration
3. Propose innovative, strategic and responsible solutions to complex challenges faced in leading organisations.
4. Effectively communicate complex concepts and information, utilising a range of communication strategies to reach agreement with others about specialised problems in organisations.
Teamwork and Professional Practice
5. Apply research-based perspectives and skills from Christian leadership to lead collaborations between paid staff and volunteers within organisations to achieve individual and collective outcomes.
Engagement with the World
6. Bring mature professional and vocational capacity to engagement with the challenges of leadership in contemporary Christian organisations within Australian and international contexts.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
7. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to support life-long personal and professional development.
$10,080 per semester for full-time (48cp) domestic students (2021 course fees and credit points).
For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
- Maximum concurrent enrolment load: 60cps
- There is a pre-requisite for Level 9 units: 48cps Level 8
- Apply the principles of Christian leadership and management theory to an organisational context.
- Engage in theologically informed leadership of Christian organisations.
- Practice a high degree of self-awareness and reflection to support continuous development as a Christian leader.
- Demonstrate, through the completion of a Workplace Capstone Project, the ability to apply the content to a specialised issue in a Christian workplace.
Approved for delivery at
Approval to deliver a course does not guarantee that this course will be available in a given year – please contact a college about current availability.
Ridley CollegeLearn more