Graduate Certificate of Christian Mentoring
0.5Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
Course code: GCCM20
3Max Years Part Time
A coursework certificate at AQF Level 8 supporting professional skills and practice and/or a further study and scholarship, the Graduate Certificate of Christian Mentoring is designed to enhance the Graduate Attributes with a special focus on knowledge skills and abilities in the one to one intentional ministry of Christian mentoring and with related knowledge in professional supervision and ministry coaching to an advanced level.
Its purpose is to provide advanced knowledge and skills for a professional ministry as a Christian mentor.
48 credit points over 0.5 years (F/T)
- Christian Mentoring – one of:
- PC020-812 Christian Mentoring; or
- PC043-824 Christian Mentoring: Foundations and Dynamics
- PC021-812 Mentoring Christian Leaders
- PC022-812 Professional Practice as a Christian Mentor
- If PC020-812 was undertaken, students are to undertake 12cps of elective units at level 8 or above in any unit field.
Units in this course are completed at Level 8 and above. The course is to be taken in part-time mode as units are sequential.
- Completed 3 year bachelor degree or equivalent; AND
- Completed at least 1 year of ministry or theology or divinity study at Level 5 or above.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking OR 10 years in Australia with English being the language primarily spoken both at home and work
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate up-to-date advanced knowledge and understanding of ‘Christian Mentoring’ and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching.
2. Examine the biblical, theological and ministry foundations of Christian Mentoring and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching.
Inquiry and Analysis
3. Collect, analyse, evaluate and synthesize advanced scholarship in inquiry-based learning in Christian Mentoring and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching.
Problem Solving and Integration
4. Construct evidence-based perspectives on advanced issues in Christian Mentoring and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching by using recognized source materials and scholarly literature, evaluating alternative explanations and drawing reasoned conclusions.
5. Present advanced ideas, knowledge and principles in Christian Mentoring and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching and engage with, specialist and non-specialist audiences using a variety of formats.
Teamwork and Professional Practice
6. As a professional practitioner in Christian mentoring to apply advanced understanding of Christian Mentoring and the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching in formal ministry contexts and the wider community.
Engagement With the World
7. Bring developing professional and vocational capacity in Christian Mentoring and utilising understanding of the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching to support Christian disciples and leaders in their engagement with the challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
8. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian Mentoring, and utilising understanding of the related fields of Professional Supervision and Ministry coaching.
$11,208 per semester for full-time (48cp) domestic students (2023 course fees and credit points).
For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.