Graduate Certificate of Christian Leadership
0.5Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
Course code: GCCL20
2Max Years Part Time
A coursework certificate at AQF level 8 supporting professional practice and/or further study and scholarship, the Graduate Certificate of Christian Leadership is designed to apply ACT Graduate Attributes to bring the development Christian leadership practice to an advanced level.
Its purpose is to provide advanced, theologically informed knowledge needed to lead, develop, and manage complex organisations.
48 credit points over 0.5 years (F/T)
12 credit points at level 8:
- PC154-812: Introduction to Christian Leadership
36 credit points at level 8 or above in Christian Leadership specific electives, including:
- PC138-812/PC138-912 Leading People, Teams and Yourself in Christian Contexts
- PC139-806 Developing Mission, Vision and Strategy
- PC140-906 Leading Organisations through Change and Crisis (6)
- PC141-806 Leading in Intercultural and Diverse Environments
- PC142-806 Governance and Legal Issues for Non-Profits
- PC143-806 Marketing, Communications and Fundraising
- PC144-906 Family Systems for Organisational Leadership
- PC145-806 Social Entrepreneurship
- PC146-804, PC147-804, PC148-804 Women in Christian Leadership A, B & C
- PC149-806 Issues in Leading Christian Education
- PC150-906 Principalship of Christian Schools
- PC153-806 Financial Management in Non-Profit Contexts
- DM009-812 / DM009-912 Chaplaincy in an Institutional Setting
- EM061-812 Issues in Mission Leadership: A
- PC080-812 / PC080-912 Leadership in Global Contexts
- PC119-812 / PC119-912 Experiential Leadership Development
- PC151-806 Supervised Leadership Formation
- PC152-906 Advanced Supervised Leadership Formation
- PC203-812 / PC203-912 Conference Participation
- PC204-812 / PC204-912 Seminar
- PC210-912 Christian Leadership Project (12cps)
- PC211-924 Christian Leadership Project (24cps)
- PC201-912 Independent Reading
Units in this course are completed at Level 8 and above.
- Subject to the Credit Transfer Rules, graduates of an AQF level 7, 8 or 9 accredited course in leadership or business studies or a related field are eligible to receive block credit for up to 12 cps of Level 8 units in the course based on units completed in their previous degree.
- Completed 3 year bachelor degree or equivalent; AND
- A minimum of four years relevant work experience.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 7.0 overall with a minimum of 7.0 in reading and writing, and 6.5 in listening and speaking OR 10 years in Australia with English being the language primarily spoken both at home and work
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate up-to-date advanced knowledge and understanding of Christian leadership practice and management in selected areas within organisations.
Inquiry and Analysis
2. Interpret theological perspectives and integrate with business disciplines and leadership practice.
Problem Solving and Integration
3. Propose solutions to selected challenges faced in leading organisations.
4. Effectively communicate key concepts and information, utilising selected communication strategies to reach agreement with others about problems in organisations.
Teamwork and Professional Practice
5. Apply advanced perspectives and skills from selected topics in Christian leadership to lead collaborations between paid staff and volunteers within organisations to achieve individual and collective outcomes.
Engagement with the World
6. Bring developing professional and vocational capacity to engagement with the challenges of leadership in contemporary organisations within Australian and international contexts.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
7. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development
$11,208 per semester for full-time (48cp) domestic students (2023 course fees and credit points).
For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
Approved for delivery at
Approval to deliver a course does not guarantee that this course will be available in a given year – please contact a college about current availability.
Ridley CollegeLearn more