Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Ministry
4Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
12Max Years Part Time
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application, articulation and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will be based on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated in two main fields:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB)
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- The course will also require specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice in the three areas of the field of Ministry and Practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM)
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC)
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice based learning where appropriate.
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three areas of the field of Ministry & Practice
128 credit points over 4 years (F/T)
- Old Testament (OT301 & OT302): 8 cps
- New Testament (NT301 & NT302): 8 cps
- Christianity in History introduction: 4 cps from CH301 or CH305
- Christianity in History additional unit: 4cps from any CH units other than CH301 or CH305
- Theology (TH): 12 cps
- Biblical exegesis units (with a minimum of 4 cps OT & 4 cps NT): 12 cps
- Language (LA): 8 cps
- Biblical exegesis units: 8 cps
- Christian Thought & History (CH/TH/PE): 4 cps
- Christian Thought & History (CH/TH/PE) or Bible & Languages (BB/OT/NT/LA): 4 cps
- Ministry & Practice (PC/DM/EM), with a minimum of 4 cps from at least two fields: 24 cps
- Elective units: 32 cps
Units in this course are completed at 300/400 level.
ATAR:& Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; OR
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.
This course is registered on CRICOS and is available to overseas students.
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate functional knowledge and understanding of theology (in the fields of Bible & Languages and Christian Thought & History) and ministry (in at least two areas of the field of Ministry & Practice) as academic disciplines
2. Discuss the functional biblical and theological foundations of ministry
3. Discuss the functional spiritual and ethical implications of biblical, theological and ministry knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and Analysis
4. Collect, analyse, evaluate and synthesise a wide range of recognised biblical, theological and ministry scholarship in inquiry-based learning
Problem Solving and Integration
5. Construct evidence-based perspectives on functional biblical, theological and ministry issues by using recognised source materials and relevant scholarly literature, evaluating alternative interpretations and drawing reasoned conclusions
6. Present functional biblical, theological and ministry ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, different audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and Professional Practice
7. As leader and in groups, apply functional biblical, theological and ministry understanding in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement with the World
8. Engage with the functional challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
9. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian life and ministry
$9,120 per semester for full-time (16cp) domestic students. For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
- Max cps per semester: 20
- A maximum of 12 cps may be taken in Type B elective units.
- A maximum of 16 cps may be studied in DSC mode, including no more than 8 cps in any one field of study.
- No more than 52 cps of 300 level units can be counted in a student’s course of study. Biblical language units (LA0**) are not counted as foundational level units for this requirement.
Bible College SALearn more
Brisbane School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Christ CollegeLearn more
Malyon CollegeLearn more
Melbourne School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Morling CollegeLearn more
Presbyterian Theological CollegeLearn more
Queensland Theological CollegeLearn more
Reformed Theological CollegeLearn more
Ridley CollegeLearn more
New South Wales
Sydney Missionary & Bible CollegeLearn more
Trinity Theological CollegeLearn more
Vose SeminaryLearn more