Bachelor of Theology
3Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
9Max Years Part Time
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and articulation of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will concentrate on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated in two main fields:
- Bible & Languages (LA, OT, NT, BB)
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
- A course in theology provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
- Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop practical ministry skills (EM, PC, DM)
96 credit points over 3 years (F/T)
- Old Testament (OT301 & OT302): 8 cps
- New Testament (NT301 & NT302): 8 cps
- Christianity in History introduction: 4 cps from CH301 or CH305
- Christianity in History additional unit: 4 cps from any CH units apart from CH301 or CH305
- Theology (TH): 12 cps
- Biblical exegesis units (with a minimum of 4 cps OT & 4 cps NT): 12 cps
- Language (LA): 8 cps
- Biblical exegesis units: 8 cps
- Christian Thought & History (CH/TH/PE): 4 cps
- Christian Thought & History (CH/TH/PE) or Bible & Languages (BB/OT /NT/LA): 4 cps
- Elective units: 24 cps
Units in this course are completed at 300/400 level.
ATAR: Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; OR
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.
This course is registered on CRICOS and is available to overseas students.
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate functional knowledge and understanding of ‘Theology’ as an academic discipline in the fields of ‘Bible and Languages’ and ‘Christian Thought & History’
2. Discuss the functional spiritual and ethical implications of biblical and theological knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and Analysis
3. Collect, analyse, evaluate and synthesize recognized biblical and theological scholarship in inquiry-based learning
Problem Solving and Integration
4. Construct evidence-based perspectives on functional biblical and theological issues by using recognized source materials and relevant scholarly literature, evaluating alternate interpretations and drawing reasoned conclusions
5. Present functional biblical and theological ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, different audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and Professional Practice
6. As leader and in groups, apply functional biblical and theological understanding in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement With the World
7. Engage with the functional challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
8. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian life and ministry
$9,120 per semester for full-time (16cp) domestic students. For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
- Max cps per semester: 20
- A maximum of 12 cps may be taken in Type B elective units.
- A maximum of 16 cps may be studied in DSC mode, including no more than 8 cps in any one field of study.
- No more than 40 cps of 300 level units can be counted in a student’s course of study. Biblical language units (LA0**) are not counted as foundational level units for this requirement.
Bible College SALearn more
Brisbane School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Christ CollegeLearn more
Malyon CollegeLearn more
Melbourne School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Morling CollegeLearn more
Presbyterian Theological CollegeLearn more
Queensland Theological CollegeLearn more
Reformed Theological CollegeLearn more
Ridley CollegeLearn more
New South Wales
Sydney Missionary & Bible CollegeLearn more
Trinity Theological CollegeLearn more
Vose SeminaryLearn more