Associate Degree of Theology
2Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
6Max Years Part Time
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and articulation of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- Concentrates on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated in two main Departments
- Bible & Languages
- Christian Thought & History
- Provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
- Through elective units students can
- Follow study tracks in Bible & Languages and in Christian Thought & History
- Develop practical ministry skills
64 credit points over 2 years (F/T)
- Old Testament (OT301 & OT302): 8 cps
- New Testament (NT301 & NT302): 8 cps
- Christianity in History: 4 cps
- Theology: 4 cps
- Biblical exegesis units (OT and/or NT) and/or LA units: 16cps
- LA, OT, NT, BB, CH, TH, or PE: 4cps
- Christian Thought & History (CH/TH/PE): 8cps
- Elective units: 12cps
Units in this course are completed at 300/400 level.
ATAR: Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; OR
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.
This course is registered on CRICOS and is available to overseas students.
Discipline knowledge and understanding
1. Demonstrate a wider range of knowledge of ‘Theology’ as academic discipline than the (Advanced) Diploma with particular attention to ‘Bible and Languages’ and ‘Christian Thought & History’
2. Apply the key spiritual and ethical implications of biblical and theological knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and analysis
3. Collect, summarise, and analyse information from standard biblical and theological sources and scholarship in inquiry based learning
Problem solving and integration
4. Construct evidence-based perspectives and responses to key biblical and theological issues by using standard source materials and methods
5. Present key biblical and theological ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, different audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and professional practice
6. Under supervision, apply key biblical and theological understanding in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement with the world
7. Engage with the key challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous learning and professional development
8. Demonstrate a capacity for reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian life and ministry
$9,120 per semester for full-time (16cp) domestic students. For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
- Max cps per semester: 20
- Advanced Level Unit entry requirements:
- Advanced (400) level units with specific conditions may only be taken when the pre-requisite or co-requisite or required units have been successfully completed and/or any co-requisite unit is taken concurrently.
- Undergraduate degree students may enrol in 600 level language exegesis units on the understanding that the unit is taught and assessed at 600 level.
- No more than 32cps of foundational level units (300 level) can be counted in a student’s course of study. Biblical language units (LA0**) are not counted as foundational level units for this requirement.
- A maximum of 12 cps may be taken in Type B elective units.
- A maximum of 16 cps may be studied in DSC mode, including no more than 8 cps in any one field of study.
Bible College SALearn more
Brisbane School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Christ CollegeLearn more
Malyon Theological CollegeLearn more
Melbourne School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Morling CollegeLearn more
Presbyterian Theological CollegeLearn more
Queensland Theological CollegeLearn more
Reformed Theological CollegeLearn more
Ridley CollegeLearn more
New South Wales
Sydney Missionary & Bible CollegeLearn more
Trinity Theological CollegeLearn more
Vose SeminaryLearn more