We are stopping our other work tasks every day from 10:15-10:30 am (in your local time) to pray for the ACT and wider communities. We would love our affiliated colleges to join us. We also have a prayer partner for every college, and they will be in contact with their colleges.
April 27, 2021
- Give thanks for continuing good control of COVID in Australia and NZ.
- Pray for the rest of the world, in particular India, whose health system has crumbled under a new onslaught of the virus.
- Pray for wisdom in the vaccine rollout in our own countries and elsewhere.
- Pray for hotspots globally – see map here https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html
College Prayer Points
Pray for our colleges that they will be able to start thinking through what a changing situation will mean in their particular contexts.
Thanks for the great team who have navigated COVID well.
Pray for a smooth return to face to face teaching amidst continuing restrictions.
Pray for a new lecturer who is coming next year. He is American, and there are lots of visa and COVID issues to navigate.
Pray for a steady stream of enrolments in 2021.
Pray for grace and patience amidst constant challenges.
- Thank God that the pandemic in Australia is under control with the government restrictions being eased continually.
- Give thanks for having accepted several new students to date and pray that God will give more.
- Rev Dr Tony Wong will succeed Rev Ming Leung as the Vice Principal (Academic) in January 2021. Pray for the handing over.
- As affected by the pandemic, this year’s graduation is postponed to next year on 11th March as combined with 2021’s. The annual Mandarin Theological Lecture and our 20th Anniversary celebration are rescheduled for 15th May and 12th September in 2021 respectively. Please pray for these events.
- Launching a new extension program for the Golden Aged believers (aged 50 or over preparing to retire or already retired) and the committee is working on the detailed plan. Pray for this program.
- Donations to General Fund and Library Fund have significantly dropped due to the pandemic. Pray for God’s special providence. Please continue to pray for their financial needs.
Mary Andrews College
- Give thanks and pray for MAC’s new college Principal, Rev. Dr Katy Smith, who started in the role in mid-March.
- Pray for our lecturers and students as they adjust to teaching and attending classes online via Zoom during COVID-19 social distancing restrictions.
- Pray for other college staff working from home or taking leave while our office is closed temporarily.
- Pray for those of our students who may be struggling to maintain momentum with their studies and assignments in the middle of all of the other changes brought on by this pandemic.
- Pray for students who are finding it difficult to not have access to college library while our office is closed and classes taught online temporarily.
- Pray for students who are struggling with technology and internet access required for classes online.
- Pray for students who have their own and their family members’ pre-existing health conditions that still need to be managed and treated in the middle of this pandemic (and who may also therefore be at greater risk if they caught COVID-19).
- • Please continue to pray that they will make wise and responsible decisions as they oversee the implementation of the COVIDsafe teaching plan, and that God will protect them and the wider community from further propagation of the virus. They are grateful for the opportunity they have at the moment to interact with some students face to face on the campus, but conscious of how precarious the public health situation in NSW is at the moment.
• Please continue to pray for them and for the team at Vose as they work through all of the decisions involved in implementing the merger plan for 2021 and make strategic decisions for 2021-25.
Pray as they start their Chinese diploma level course and for Felix Chung as he leads this.
Pray for staff, as a result of assessment tasks pushed out due to COVID, they have not had much a break between the semesters.
Pray for Peter Hastie as he returns from sabbatical.
Pray for Andrew Bain as he is acting principal for S2, while Gary is on study leave.
Praise for their numbers for S2, which are up from S1.
- Thank God for the encouraging student growth we have had this year.
- Praise God for the desire our students have to grow in their faith and their usefulness to God. Pray RTC may be effective in preparing many faithful gospel workers.
- Ask the Lord to lead many more to take up study at the RTC in 2020.
- Praise God for the capable and united staff team he has blessed us with.
- Pray that RTC lecturers would be faithful and godly in their teaching and ministry.
- Praise God for his provisions for 64 years of RTC’s ministry.
- Thank God for the events RTC is able to hold each year and pray they may be a great help and encouragement to those who come.
- Pray that God would provide for the financial needs of the College.
- Pray that RTC’s ministries, Barkley Hall and The Way discipleship program, would bear gospel fruit
Pray for staff and students coping with extended restrictions in Victoria and having to readjust expectations again..
Give thanks for the great response to Mike Bird’s Leon Morris lecture with about 400 attending online.
Pray that they will be able to care for their community and also make the most of opportunities that arise to be witnesses for Christ.
Pray for staff at Vose Seminary as they face two significant changes and one challenge common to all ACT.
- Vose which is part of Baptist Churches WA, like all BCWA staff have had their hours cut by 20% due to Covid but still have the same amount of work to do.
- Vose is exploring a merger with Morling. As with any change, a source of uncertainty and thus anxiety for those concerned.
- Like all colleges, Vose is working hard at improving their enrolments for semester 2.
Please send any prayer points to either your college prayer partner or to Megan Powell du Toit. email@example.com