Prayer of the Day
We are stopping our other work tasks every day from 10:15-10:30 am (in your local time) to pray for the ACT and wider communities. We would love our affiliated colleges to join us. We also have a prayer partner for every college, and they will be in contact with their colleges.
Prayer of the Day
by Rev Dr Paul Douglas Walfall:
ACT Prayer Points
Continue to pray for Victoria, as the borders close. Pray for sustaining of those in the towers completely in lockdown. Pray for Christians to be salt and light in the state.
Pray for the ACT office as we start to return to working in the office, for wisdom and safety.
Pray for the poor and disadvantaged in our country and the world as we try to deal long term with a world affected by COVID.
College Prayer Points
Pray for our colleges that they will be able to start thinking through what a changing situation will mean in their particular contexts.
• Pray to the Lord that they are able to raise sufficient funds for the purchase of our own office and to acquire a suitable property soon.
• Thanks to the Lord who has listened to their prayers. The COVID-19 pandemic here has been steadily improving and the government has started to ease the restrictions by stages. Pray that the pandemic will be entirely under control very soon and our daily lives be back to normal.
• This semester is close to end. The students are busy at finishing their assignments and preparing for the exam. Pray for God’s mercy that the impact of the pandemic on their study is minimised.
• As affected by the pandemic, they have decided to postpone this year’s public events, including the graduation ceremony, theological lectures and 20th Anniversary celebration, etc. Pray for the re-arrangement when we appropriately make following the change in the pandemic.
• Their finances has been hit by a considerable downturn due to the pandemic. They hope for the government’s subsidy and earnestly pray for God’s timely providence.
Mary Andrews College
- Give thanks and pray for MAC’s new college Principal, Rev. Dr Katy Smith, who started in the role in mid-March.
- Pray for our lecturers and students as they adjust to teaching and attending classes online via Zoom during COVID-19 social distancing restrictions.
- Pray for other college staff working from home or taking leave while our office is closed temporarily.
- Pray for those of our students who may be struggling to maintain momentum with their studies and assignments in the middle of all of the other changes brought on by this pandemic.
- Pray for students who are finding it difficult to not have access to college library while our office is closed and classes taught online temporarily.
- Pray for students who are struggling with technology and internet access required for classes online.
- Pray for students who have their own and their family members’ pre-existing health conditions that still need to be managed and treated in the middle of this pandemic (and who may also therefore be at greater risk if they caught COVID-19).
- pray for the process of finding and appointing a new Education Faculty Dean
- In praise for God’s provision and sustaining grace to us all
- In praise that as far as they are aware no one in the Morling community (including MRC) has been infected COVID19.
- That they will be able to re-establish good rhythms of learning and engagement after ANZAC weekend as students come back from mid-semester break.
- For Peter Friend as new Dean of Students as he finds his feet in this role and actively considers how to care and support students in this new environment
- For staff communicating via zoom and email, that they will be clear and gracious in communication and decision making.
- For students who are now facing significant financial hardship due to loss of jobs, reduction of hours and the like.
Pray as they start their Chinese diploma level course and for Felix Chung as he leads this.
Pray for staff, as a result of assessment tasks pushed out due to COVID, they have not had much a break between the semesters.
Pray for Peter Hastie as he returns from sabbatical.
Pray for Andrew Bain as he is acting principal for S2, while Gary is on study leave.
Praise for their numbers for S2, which are up from S1.
- Thank God for the encouraging student growth we have had this year.
- Praise God for the desire our students have to grow in their faith and their usefulness to God. Pray RTC may be effective in preparing many faithful gospel workers.
- Ask the Lord to lead many more to take up study at the RTC in 2020.
- Praise God for the capable and united staff team he has blessed us with.
- Pray that RTC lecturers would be faithful and godly in their teaching and ministry.
- Praise God for his provisions for 64 years of RTC’s ministry.
- Thank God for the events RTC is able to hold each year and pray they may be a great help and encouragement to those who come.
- Pray that God would provide for the financial needs of the College.
- Pray that RTC’s ministries, Barkley Hall and The Way discipleship program, would bear gospel fruit
Please pray for the Online preaching conference starting 22 April on preaching the cross, and the 70 people enrolled.
Pray for learning and teaching which is back on zoom again this week after Easter.
Pray for staff, faculty and student wellbeing morale in these testing times.
Pray for staff at Vose Seminary as they face two significant changes and one challenge common to all ACT.
- Vose which is part of Baptist Churches WA, like all BCWA staff have had their hours cut by 20% due to Covid but still have the same amount of work to do.
- Vose is exploring a merger with Morling. As with any change, a source of uncertainty and thus anxiety for those concerned.
- Like all colleges, Vose is working hard at improving their enrolments for semester 2.
Please send any prayer points to either your college prayer partner or to Megan Powell du Toit. email@example.com