Prayer of the Day
We are stopping our other work tasks every day from 10:15-10:30 am (in your local time) to pray for the ACT and wider communities. We would love our affiliated colleges to join us. We also have a prayer partner for every college, and they will be in contact with their colleges.
Prayer of the Day
Prayer for those in education, from Sydney Anglican site:
You are worthy of all praise as the one who created all things, sustains all things and is moving all things towards the glorious conclusion you have planned for them. We thank you especially for sending your Son, that through him we have forgiveness and life and hope. Thank you for your wonderful plan of redemption and for fellowship we now have with you through your Son and in your Spirit.
Father, our world is broken and we are more aware of that than ever as a result of this COVID pandemic. We long for that day when every tear will be wiped away, when death will be no more, and there will be no more grief or pain. But we know we are not there yet and we pray that you might enable us to live as your light in the midst of this darkness, testifying to your continued goodness and the hope that has been secured for all your people through the death and resurrection of Jesus.
We pray that you might sustain us in all that you have given us to do in this moment. Especially we pray for those involved in education and training. As our schools seek to continue their important work in stressful and difficult circumstances, would you please keep teachers and students safe, and help them to care for each other. We pray for those who are facing critical points in their education, particularly those preparing for their final exams and assessments towards the HSC, and ask for a diligence in study that is surrounded at every point by a calm confidence in you and your provision.
We pray for those training for Christian ministry in this context. Please enable them to grow in faith and love and in the knowledge of your word. May they be shaped by you in ways which will prepare them well for what lies ahead on the other side of this pandemic. Would you pour out your Spirit and enable a new season of evangelism, Christian growth and healthy church life to emerge in the months ahead.
Father, all our hope is in you. We trust your promises and look forward to the day to come when the Lord Jesus will return to bring all your purposes to their fulfilment.
It is in his name that we pray. Amen
ACT Prayer Points
Give thanks that Victoria new cases average has dropped further to below the number at which they would ease restrictions.
Give thanks that cases have been so low in Queensland, with no community transmission, that many restrictions are being eased.
Give thanks that the only new cases in NZ are hotel quarantine cases.
Pray for all the secondary and tertiary students going into final assessments and exams stage (see prayer of the day above).
We in Oz and NZ are doing well now. But this is not so globally. Pray for hotspots: Argentina, Peru, Oman, Spain, Czech republic, Moldova, Albania, USA, Colombia, France.
College Prayer Points
Pray for our colleges that they will be able to start thinking through what a changing situation will mean in their particular contexts.
Thanks for the great team who have navigated COVID well.
Pray for a smooth return to face to face teaching amidst continuing restrictions.
Pray for a new lecturer who is coming next year. He is American, and there are lots of visa and COVID issues to navigate.
Pray for a steady stream of enrolments in 2021.
Pray for grace and patience amidst constant challenges.
• Pray to the Lord that they are able to raise sufficient funds for the purchase of our own office and to acquire a suitable property soon.
• Thanks to the Lord who has listened to their prayers. The COVID-19 pandemic here has been steadily improving and the government has started to ease the restrictions by stages. Pray that the pandemic will be entirely under control very soon and our daily lives be back to normal.
• This semester is close to end. The students are busy at finishing their assignments and preparing for the exam. Pray for God’s mercy that the impact of the pandemic on their study is minimised.
• As affected by the pandemic, they have decided to postpone this year’s public events, including the graduation ceremony, theological lectures and 20th Anniversary celebration, etc. Pray for the re-arrangement when we appropriately make following the change in the pandemic.
• Their finances has been hit by a considerable downturn due to the pandemic. They hope for the government’s subsidy and earnestly pray for God’s timely providence.
Mary Andrews College
- Give thanks and pray for MAC’s new college Principal, Rev. Dr Katy Smith, who started in the role in mid-March.
- Pray for our lecturers and students as they adjust to teaching and attending classes online via Zoom during COVID-19 social distancing restrictions.
- Pray for other college staff working from home or taking leave while our office is closed temporarily.
- Pray for those of our students who may be struggling to maintain momentum with their studies and assignments in the middle of all of the other changes brought on by this pandemic.
- Pray for students who are finding it difficult to not have access to college library while our office is closed and classes taught online temporarily.
- Pray for students who are struggling with technology and internet access required for classes online.
- Pray for students who have their own and their family members’ pre-existing health conditions that still need to be managed and treated in the middle of this pandemic (and who may also therefore be at greater risk if they caught COVID-19).
- • Please continue to pray that they will make wise and responsible decisions as they oversee the implementation of the COVIDsafe teaching plan, and that God will protect them and the wider community from further propagation of the virus. They are grateful for the opportunity they have at the moment to interact with some students face to face on the campus, but conscious of how precarious the public health situation in NSW is at the moment.
• Please continue to pray for them and for the team at Vose as they work through all of the decisions involved in implementing the merger plan for 2021 and make strategic decisions for 2021-25.
Pray as they start their Chinese diploma level course and for Felix Chung as he leads this.
Pray for staff, as a result of assessment tasks pushed out due to COVID, they have not had much a break between the semesters.
Pray for Peter Hastie as he returns from sabbatical.
Pray for Andrew Bain as he is acting principal for S2, while Gary is on study leave.
Praise for their numbers for S2, which are up from S1.
- Thank God for the encouraging student growth we have had this year.
- Praise God for the desire our students have to grow in their faith and their usefulness to God. Pray RTC may be effective in preparing many faithful gospel workers.
- Ask the Lord to lead many more to take up study at the RTC in 2020.
- Praise God for the capable and united staff team he has blessed us with.
- Pray that RTC lecturers would be faithful and godly in their teaching and ministry.
- Praise God for his provisions for 64 years of RTC’s ministry.
- Thank God for the events RTC is able to hold each year and pray they may be a great help and encouragement to those who come.
- Pray that God would provide for the financial needs of the College.
- Pray that RTC’s ministries, Barkley Hall and The Way discipleship program, would bear gospel fruit
Pray for staff and students coping with extended restrictions in Victoria and having to readjust expectations again..
Give thanks for the great response to Mike Bird’s Leon Morris lecture with about 400 attending online.
Pray that they will be able to care for their community and also make the most of opportunities that arise to be witnesses for Christ.
Pray for staff at Vose Seminary as they face two significant changes and one challenge common to all ACT.
- Vose which is part of Baptist Churches WA, like all BCWA staff have had their hours cut by 20% due to Covid but still have the same amount of work to do.
- Vose is exploring a merger with Morling. As with any change, a source of uncertainty and thus anxiety for those concerned.
- Like all colleges, Vose is working hard at improving their enrolments for semester 2.
Please send any prayer points to either your college prayer partner or to Megan Powell du Toit. firstname.lastname@example.org