Prayer of the Day
We are stopping our other work tasks every day from 10:15-10:30 am (in your local time) to pray for the ACT and wider communities. We would love our affiliated colleges to join us. We also have a prayer partner for every college, and they will be in contact with their colleges.
Prayer of the Week
In Reconciliation Week, but also during this particular time, a prayer from prepared by Wontulp-Bi-Buya Indigenous Theology Working Group, 13 March 1997. Widely available on the internet, I found it here on the Sydney Anglican site.
Holy Father, God of Love,
You are the Creator of this land and of all good things.
We acknowledge the pain and shame of our history
and the suffering of our peoples,
and we ask your forgiveness.
We thank you for the survival of indigenous cultures.
Our hope is in you because you gave your Son Jesus
to reconcile the world to you.
We pray for your strength and grace to forgive,
accept and love one another,
as you love us and forgive and accept us
in the sacrifice of your Son.
Give us the courage to accept the realities of our history
so that we may build a better future for our nation.
Teach us to respect all cultures.
Teach us to care for our land and waters.
Help us to share justly the resources of this land.
Help us to bring about spiritual and social change
to improve the quality of life for all groups in our communities,
especially the disadvantaged.
Help young people to find true dignity and self esteem by your Spirit.
May your power and love be the foundations
on which we build our families, our communities and our nation,
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
ACT Prayer Points
Pray for churches and leaders as they work through new allowances with church services, for wisdom, clarity and love.
Pray that during this time, we won’t forget the many other crises in the world which ask for our compassion and our justice.
Give thanks for how God’s people have been responding to changes and finding new ways to be God’s people in a changed context.
College Prayer Points
Pray for our colleges that they will be able to start thinking through what a changing situation will mean in their particular contexts.
- Pray for the mercies of the Lord so that the global pandemic of COVID-19 can be contained soonest possible. Pray that the patients be healed, the medical staff be safeguarded and the death rate be minimised. May God give peace to the city that we are living in.
- Due to the rapid outbreak of the COVID-19, we have to urgently cancel our scheduled public events and temporarily lock down our office following the Government’s directives. Our staff will be working from home and all our classes are to be conducted online until further notice. Pray that the impact on our operation and the students’ learning is minimised.
- With God’s blessings, the College is to celebrate its 20th Anniversary in September 2020. Pray for the preparatory work of the thanksgiving dinner scheduled for Sunday 13th September 2020 and the publication of a testimonial booklet and that we can proceed as planned.
Mary Andrews College
- Give thanks and pray for MAC’s new college Principal, Rev. Dr Katy Smith, who started in the role in mid-March.
- Pray for our lecturers and students as they adjust to teaching and attending classes online via Zoom during COVID-19 social distancing restrictions.
- Pray for other college staff working from home or taking leave while our office is closed temporarily.
- Pray for those of our students who may be struggling to maintain momentum with their studies and assignments in the middle of all of the other changes brought on by this pandemic.
- Pray for students who are finding it difficult to not have access to college library while our office is closed and classes taught online temporarily.
- Pray for students who are struggling with technology and internet access required for classes online.
- Pray for students who have their own and their family members’ pre-existing health conditions that still need to be managed and treated in the middle of this pandemic (and who may also therefore be at greater risk if they caught COVID-19).
- pray for the process of finding and appointing a new Education Faculty Dean
- In praise for God’s provision and sustaining grace to us all
- In praise that as far as they are aware no one in the Morling community (including MRC) has been infected COVID19.
- That they will be able to re-establish good rhythms of learning and engagement after ANZAC weekend as students come back from mid-semester break.
- For Peter Friend as new Dean of Students as he finds his feet in this role and actively considers how to care and support students in this new environment
- For staff communicating via zoom and email, that they will be clear and gracious in communication and decision making.
- For students who are now facing significant financial hardship due to loss of jobs, reduction of hours and the like.
- Thank God for the encouraging student growth we have had this year.
- Praise God for the desire our students have to grow in their faith and their usefulness to God. Pray RTC may be effective in preparing many faithful gospel workers.
- Ask the Lord to lead many more to take up study at the RTC in 2020.
- Praise God for the capable and united staff team he has blessed us with.
- Pray that RTC lecturers would be faithful and godly in their teaching and ministry.
- Praise God for his provisions for 64 years of RTC’s ministry.
- Thank God for the events RTC is able to hold each year and pray they may be a great help and encouragement to those who come.
- Pray that God would provide for the financial needs of the College.
- Pray that RTC’s ministries, Barkley Hall and The Way discipleship program, would bear gospel fruit
Please pray for the Online preaching conference starting 22 April on preaching the cross, and the 70 people enrolled.
Pray for learning and teaching which is back on zoom again this week after Easter.
Pray for staff, faculty and student wellbeing morale in these testing times.
Pray for staff at Vose Seminary as they face two significant changes and one challenge common to all ACT.
- Vose which is part of Baptist Churches WA, like all BCWA staff have had their hours cut by 20% due to Covid but still have the same amount of work to do.
- Vose is exploring a merger with Morling. As with any change, a source of uncertainty and thus anxiety for those concerned.
- Like all colleges, Vose is working hard at improving their enrolments for semester 2.
Please send any prayer points to either your college prayer partner or to Megan Powell du Toit. email@example.com