Bachelor of Ministry
3Years Full Time
Payments Centrelink Approved
9Max Years Part Time
- Introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message, and provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world.
- The course will require specialisation in disciplines by which knowledge of God is applied to guide Christian practice in the three areas of the field of Ministry and Practice:
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM)
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC)
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience and include supervised practice based learning where appropriate.
- Through elective units students can:
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three areas of the field of Ministry & Practice
- Develop foundational understanding in the Bible & Christian Thought (LA, OT, NT, BB)
96 credit points over 3 years (F/T)
- Old Testament (OT301 & OT302): 8 cps
- New Testament (NT301 & NT302): 8 cps
- Church History: 8 cps
- Theology: 12 cps
- Biblical exegesis units (with a minimum of 4 cps OT and 4 cps NT): 12 cps
- Ministry & Practice (PC / DM / EM), minimum of 4 cps from at least two fields: 24 cps
- Elective units: 24 cps
Units in this course are completed at 300/400 level.
Academic Qualifications: Yr 12 or equivalent, Yr 12 students in up two 300 level units
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience
Mature Age Entry: 21 years +
This course is registered on CRICOS and is available to overseas students.
Discipline Knowledge and Understanding
1. Demonstrate functional knowledge of ‘Ministry’ as an academic discipline with particular attention to at least two fields of ‘Ministry and Practice’, including the spiritual and ethical implications
2. Examine the biblical and theological foundations of Ministry
3. Discuss the functional theological, spiritual and ethical implications of Ministry knowledge and understanding
Inquiry and Analysis
4. Collect, analyse, evaluate and synthesize a wide range of recognized biblical, theological and social scientific scholarship in inquiry based learning
Problem Solving and Integration
5. Construct evidence-based perspectives on Ministry issues by using recognized source materials and scholarly literature, evaluating alternate explanations and drawing reasoned conclusions
6. Present functional Ministry ideas, knowledge and principles to, and engage with, specialist and non-specialist audiences using a variety of formats
Teamwork and Professional Practice
7. As leader and in groups, apply the functional principles and methods of Ministry in formal ministry contexts and the wider community
Engagement With the World
8. Engage with the functional challenges of contemporary Christianity, society and the wider world
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
9. Demonstrate a capacity for independent reflection and learning to sustain personal and professional development in Christian ministry
$8,320 per semester for full-time (16cp) domestic students. For more information about tuition fees, FEE-HELP, and student payments, view tuition fees.
- Max cps per semester: 20
- A maximum of 12 cps may be taken in Type B elective units.
- A maximum of 16 cps may be studied in DSC mode, including no more than 8 cps in any one field of study.
- No more than 40 cps of 300 level units (300 level) can be counted in a student’s course of study. Biblical language units (LA0**) are not counted as foundational level units for this requirement.
Occupational functions of graduates
- Teacher or ordained minister in a congregation with responsibility for preaching, teaching, and preparing people for church membership,
- Pastor with responsibility for providing leadership in various ministry contexts,
- Leader able to take part in wider debates in the church, the denomination, or society with respect to interpreting and mediating the Christian tradition in the modern world,
- Teacher of diploma level units of the graduate’s specialisation in a theological or Bible college.
Bible College SALearn more
Brisbane School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Christ CollegeLearn more
Malyon CollegeLearn more
Melbourne School of TheologyLearn more
New South Wales
Morling CollegeLearn more
Queensland Theological CollegeLearn more
Reformed Theological CollegeLearn more
Ridley CollegeLearn more
New South Wales
Sydney Missionary & Bible CollegeLearn more
Trinity Theological CollegeLearn more
Vose SeminaryLearn more